Excellent Benefits Package!
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Gastonia, Elkin or Hickory, NC
Projected Hiring Range: $59,949 - $63,105
Closing Date: Open until filled
Primary Purpose of Position: This position performs complex professional work in the creation and maintenance of the relational databases utilized by the LME/MCO.
Role and Responsibilities:
Design, develop or implement SQL databases and analytical procedures necessary to satisfy the needs of the agency as outlined by policies and procedures and to meet the requirements of North Carolina State and Federal law. Certifies accuracy and completeness of applications by preparing data and testing features, functionality, and results. Prepares documentation of all procedures, changes or maintenance in applications.
60% Application/Database Analysis and Development
· Develop and modify existing databases and database management systems to meet the evolving requirements of the LME/MCO.
· Develop and maintain relational Data Views for use by other agency analysts and report writers.
· Assist with the design and development of data schemas and definitions to support Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing requirements.
· Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
· Review project requests, develop specifications and estimate effort required to accomplish project.
· Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
· Work as part of a project team to coordinate database and reporting development and determine project scope and limitations.
· Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for the Applications Support Manager. Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
· Review workflow charts developed by system analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
· Revise agency definition of data as defined in data dictionary
40% Data Analysis and reporting
· Analyze, support, prepare, and verify agency compliance with computing and reporting requirements, including the Consumer Data Warehouse (CDW), shadow claims, ANSI Transactions (837I, 837P, 835, 999, 270/271, 834, etc.), state quarterly Concern and Complaint reporting, state Screening Triage and Referral (STR) quarterly reports, required 1915(b)/(c) Waiver reporting, and other data file exchanges and reporting.
· Developing reports as requested by LME/MCO staff in accordance with agency standards.
· Creates complex reports and Data Cubes using various software tools such as structured query language (SQL), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Crystal Reports, and Microsoft Excel.
· Independently audit and verify system information from both system generated and user produced reports for consistency and accuracy.
· Review reports to determine basic characteristics, such as origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution and purpose or function of report.
· Confer with persons originating, handling, processing, or receiving reports to identify problems and to gather suggestions for improvements.
· Evaluate findings, using knowledge of workflow, operating practices, records retention schedules, and office equipment layout.
· Recommend establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information.
· Participates on QI committees, data committees and other structured workgroups as a technical resource and as an IT Department liaison.
· Assist IT staff with the development of automated processes as required in completion of the current and long range goals set forth by the Applications Support Manager. Works with Project Teams and business resources to gather business requirements and drive functional and technical designs for Business Intelligence solutions (Data Warehouse, ETL, Metadata, Operational/Tactical/Strategic Reporting, and Dashboards)
· Researches complex data issues; examine data in various source systems for inconsistencies, review transformation logic and propose corrective alternatives.
· Deliver projects on time and within budget with a high degree of quality
· Work with multiple cross-functional project teams to accomplish development activities that will include (but not be limited to) logical and physical data modeling leveraging BI design principles, semantic layer modeling and design, universe design and development, report design, development, testing and deployment, dashboard design, development, testing and deployment
· Create complex technical reports and reporting infrastructure including data definitions and views.
· Conduct comprehensive analysis to produce complex documents that clearly define quality assurance, testing criteria, prototypes and mock-ups; measure results in sufficient detail; utilize version control for requirements.
· Compile and integrate data from outside sources; analyzes errors in digital file exchange and makes corrections;
· Review requests for special database applications, data, maps and data layer; estimates time of completion and creates solutions to meet needs;
· Obtains, analyzes, queries and manipulates data.
Performs other job-related tasks as required.
Education/Experience Required: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science and five (5) years of progressively responsible programming experience in relational database or using Structure Query Languages (SQL) or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid driver’s license is required.